Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How Quaint!

I just wanted to share these comments with anyone who reads my blog here.... because I find them to be absolutely amazing. Recently I posted a response on a forum that I frequent about the transgendered man who has decided to get pregnant (he had kept his female organs). I think these comments will speak for themselves. Just look at how simple it is, in some peoples' eyes, for you to cease being a human being worthy of your "God-given" rights. By the way, it sounds really "scientific" but it's not. No credible scientist anywhere who knows anything about biology would agree with this assessment. It's just someone's opinion (which is apparently held by others as well). (I am Izzibeth if you couldn't guess) so don't get too worried or anything. In fact, I may go ahead and try to contact some biologists and find out if one ceases to be a human being if one gets a sex change and gets pregnant OR if biologically male human beings end up pregnant at some point in the future. Of course I won't bother posting it in response to this because it's quite obviously a waste of time... but I'll post it here.

From this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzibeth View Post
Are you being serious here? You're actually going to say that this person is not a human being because he took hormones and had his breasts removed?

Response: From a biological standpoint, it can't fully be considered a human being. As I said,

Homo sapiens

infants are born by females of the species. A male (which is what the thing claims to be) bearing a child can not fully be considered a human being.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzibeth View Post
Like I previously mentioned ... when I said "ah, good old dehumanizing" and you said "call it what you will".... when you say that a human being is not a human being .. that's "dehumanizing".
Response:

My intent wasn't to "dehumanize". I'm not suggesting we treat it as an inferior or anything, I'm pointing out that it doesn't have all of the characteristics needed to be considered a human being.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzibeth View Post
#1. The fact that this person, who you are tactfully calling a 'thing', is bearing offspring nulls your own statement that 'things' can not bear children.
Response:

To the contrary - the fact that it's bearing offspring is precisely what makes it not a human.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzibeth View Post
#2. If medical science made it possible for males to bear offspring... would all males who chose to undertake this mission suddenly lose their "human being" status?
Response:

Yes.


**Click HERE to Leave Comments at Nicest-Girl.com**